What is a crisis? Have you ever experienced a crisis in your professional life? The noun crisis comes from the Latinized form of the Greek word krisis, meaning “turning point, a critical moment.” In this program, a Chief Operating Officer guides participants through a true story of leading through a major crisis while acting ethically, maintaining personal integrity, and doing the right thing for shareholders AND stakeholders.
- Introduce leaders to the nature of crisis
- Different types of crises
- Various ways that leaders should respond and prevent future crises from occurring
- Walk through of a real crisis and discussion of the impact of the crisis as it affects the employees, the assets of the firm, and relationships with customers, shareholders, suppliers, and distributors
- How a crisis affects you
- Good leaders recognize that every company will face a crisis at one point or another
- Importance of a crisis management plan
- The healthiest organizations understand where their weaknesses exist and the impact on the survival of the firm
Audience and Duration
The concepts and deliverables from this program are intended for frontline employees, supervisors, managers, and senior executives.
This program is offered in 2 and 4 hour modules.
Includes the Following
- Pre-Training Survey
- Pre-Training Reading
- Participant Workbook
- Interactive Polling
- Remote Participants
- Video Vignettes
- Custom Scenarios
- Post-Training Tools
About the Presenter
Peter DeMarco is the founder of Priority Thinking®, where he supports his clients as an executive coach, organizational consultant, ethics facilitator and strategy adviser, helping leaders and their teams achieve significant performance improvements while reducing risks and embedding ethical power into decision making at all levels. Peter also facilitates leadership and ethics education programs for organizations and business schools around the country.