Problem Solving Leadership Development Program
Don’t just put out fires as they happen – find long-term solutions.
Audience and Duration
Offered in four, six and eight hour workshops
Frontline employees, supervisors, managers and senior executives
Most teams solve problems by merely putting out the fire. This course helps organizations and teams to define and implement a rigorous process for defining the precise problem, identifying alternatives for resolution, and selecting the most effective long-term solution.
The goal of this program is to understand the nature of a problem and an opportunity. We will introduce the 4 Step Problem Solving Process (PSP) and apply the problem solving techniques and best practices to real issues being experienced within the organization.
This program will allow participants to practice the problem solving techniques they learn through facilitated discussions centered around real-life conflicts that are occurring in their workplace.
- The anatomy of a good problem statement.
- A clear process for problem resolution.
- Several key problem solving methodologies (force field analysis, fishbone, etc.) and the tools to employ them.
- Overview of the elements of an effective monitoring and validation program to ensure problem solutions that stick.
- Explore your understanding of the nature of problems and the importance of leaders being able to resolve them.
- Define the term “problem,” and explore the part-whole relationships at work.
- Explore how one identifies that a problem exists.
- Discuss and apply problem solving techniques and best practices to existing problems.
- Learn how to facilitate future problem solving sessions.
|Pre-Event Survey to Jumpstart the Session||Workbook with Articles and Activities||Multimedia Presentation with Short Vignettes|
|Interactive Polling for Engagement||Breakout Group Discussions for Active Participation||Online Toolkit for Continued Development|